Thursday 12 January 2017

An ode to 2016

It was a long year even though it killed me nearly twice by making each day like a deathbed still it will always be better than 2017 for now.

I lost my closest friends and i am left with not anger but just missing pieces of who i was. One showed me love and other gave me endless laughter.

I gained people´s trust, many came and many left but i could walk hand in hand with so many people that even today they thank me. Funny part is they thank me for being human and that´s an irony.

I survived through storms but who knew that my 2017 start will be like each minute is a dark hole. No wonder 2016 was long and hard yet it was easier than today.

I continued the journey of love and it is an actual proof of growth of me as an individual and him being persistent in actions.

Above all it was an year with so much to remember from sadness to happiness, so much to talk about yet so much to be left in silence.


This too shall pass.

I grew as who i am and today i am a person with no regrets or any grudges. I grew as i let my silence maintain the peace in moments of argument. I grew as i woke up without feeling the weight of fights from night before. I grew as i learnt from my mistakes and did better next time. I saw life, i saw death and i saw another sunrise.


-KPK


No comments:

Post a Comment