Tuesday 28 March 2017

What is faith?

I sat by my window, sipping on my coffee and looking at the world. While my heart and mind were just having an internal clash. I might have done my morning chanting for an hour yet i lacked hope. I could feel how i just wanted to sit by window whole day, doing nothing. My mind wandered from one thought to another till i hung by a question. Do i have faith? If yes then why don´t enjoy chanting or why i am unable to have a break through. Once i started thinking in this loop, there was no stopping. I immediately shake it off and go back to my room and took up gosho with intention to find what is faith? 

There i was jumping from one gosho to another with whole gosho marked with different colored markers. Suddenly, i asked myself; what am i doing? And at the back of mind, i was putting action. 

So there i was, Dammit Priya there is no definition of faith. Then, what is faith and how do i reach my goals...

Faith is action.
Faith is chanting whether i feel good or bad.
Faith is going to meeting even though my mind give 100 excuses for not going.
Faith is when i wake up and my first priority is to pick my coffee mug and sit down for chanting.
Faith is after 16 hour of long day, i reach home feeling dead tired yet i sit down do my evening gongyo before i can drift off to sleep.
Faith is when i choose to practice despite seeing any visible change in my situation.
Faith is not giving up.
Faith is not doubting each day why i am chanting.
Faith is letting it flow and enjoy my journey till i reach my goals.
Faith is reaching my goal but going back home for gratitude daimoku.
Faith is sharing this joy with rest of the world.
Faith is ACTION.

Do you have faith? Yes, you do. Even though you might be stuck and having irregular practice but reaching out to a leader. Even though you haven´t practiced in days, weeks or months but you go back to a leader or fellow member. Even though you return with a dozen of excuses, complaints and what not. But reaching out is a sign of having faith. You have faith and you have the hope, otherwise why would you even care to go back. 

Yes, faith is nothing but putting our practice in action.


No comments:

Post a Comment